UPCOMING TRAINING DATES
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves. Galileo.
200-HOUR VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
The practice of yoga transforms the core of your existence, which influences what you attract into your life. When you share the gift of yoga, or experience a deepening of your personal practice, you will ignite a flame within your heart, which will impact the hearts and minds of those around you.
The main intention of this training will be to learn how to teach vinyasa yoga with awareness and precision. This course is designed to provide you with a thorough and comprehensive training in both the practice and teaching of vinyasa yoga, which encompasses both the physical and the subtle body. We will delve deeper into the many reasons why yoga is so powerful, and transformative - practiced by millions around the world today.
You will learn effective teaching techniques, such as sequencing, assisting and adjusting, use of voice and tonality; and also learn how to create inspiring and authentic class themes to teach with profound impact and influence.
Coupled with daily practice, meditation, pranayama, and exploration of yoga philosophy, you will refine your understanding of vinyasa yoga and empower yourself to move towards a deepening of your yoga journey.
- Learn how to deliver a powerful and impactful vinyasa sequence, with excellence and precision to inspire and empower your students.
- Learn how to access your intuition from day one of training. Teaching from your truth is the most powerful and influential way to transform your yoga students and the yogi within you.
- Learn how to keep yourself accountable through ritual, and how our own practice and experiences are the way in which we can be authentic to teach from the heart.
This course will consist of theoretical and practical components. It is designed to create great leaders and inspirational teachers, but is also designed for those who want to deepen their understanding of yoga. The course will be beneficial for anyone seeking to take the next step in their yoga journey.
During this unit of study, expect to go deeper in the study of the asanas, pranayama, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. Key components include:
- Advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
- Science and art of sequencing
- How to observe bodies
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
- Guided practice of the techniques
- Analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques
During this unit of study, expect to employ the yogic practices of asana, pranayama (breath work), and various methods of meditation as our elemental practice. You will gain a profound understanding of the foundational asanas as alignment tools for safe physical practice, and for yoking the mind to this moment. Key components include:
- Sequencing vinyasa classes in a safe, logical and effective way
- Explore the act of intention and theme setting
- Learning how to use language skills to communicate through cues
- Understand the different learning styles of your students and how to respond to this as a teacher
- Explore principles of effective demonstration
- Develop your observation skills whilst mastering the art of safe and effective student assisting and adjusting
- Learn how to run a financially viable business as a yoga teacher
The study of the human body is an essential component for facilitating yoga, movement and injuring prevention. During this course of study, expect to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Human physical anatomy and physiology – e.g. muscles, bones, bodily systems and organs
- Subtle anatomy – e.g. chakras, prana, nadis How to teach modify sequences for students with injuries
- Diagnosis of postural alignment
- Recommending modifications for pregnant women
- How to teach people with varying physical ability e.g elderly
This part of the course explores real world practical guidance for how to take your yoga practice to the next level. The outcomes to achieve are:
- Learn the history and philosophical foundations of yoga
- Study major traditional yogic texts e.g. Patanjali’s yoga sutras
- Understand what it means to lead a yogic lifestyle with integrity through the yamas and niyamas
Throughout the course, you will be given extensive opportunity to practise your teaching skills in an environment that feels safe, supportive and nurturing. We deliver this via:
- Extensive practice labs
- Learn a feedback model that helps you to both receive and give constructive, useful feedback on how to improve your teaching
- Practice teaching groups and one-on-one
A large component of this training will be independent self-study and practice, written contemplative assignments, assessments and quizzes, and direct personal feedback with Blair.
Assisting students is one of the best ways to help your students grow. Key components include:
- Learn how to safely assist and adjust students
- The different types of assist
- How assisting can change the experience of your students