300-hour Yoga Teacher Training, Ibiza, October 2023
300-hour Yoga Alliance Recognised Course
Ibiza, October 2023
Led by Blair Hughes
"If you begin to understand what you are without trying to change it, then what you are undergoes a transformation." Jiddu Krishnamarti
- Submerge deep into the transformational process of yoga to reemerge spiritually clearer and self empowered.
- Define and refine compelling personal rituals that positively influence your life and those you serve.
- Connect with like minded teachers to share and learn ways to come together, influence and grow as a yoga teacher.
Immerse yourself into deep understanding of your human nature, reconnecting with your heart and soul in order to clearly understand why you do what you do and how you can grow and flow in natural and soulful ways. As we refine our Vinyasa yoga practices and teaching, we naturally move toward Kriya yoga where we will begin to access our subtle body which will allow us to deepen our practice, knowledge and wisdom of Self.
In this training, we will move through the five koshas, starting with the physical body where we will deepen our understanding on how to sequence intelligently through functional anatomy and your own personal experience to teach authentically and powerfully. Moving to the second kosha, the energy body, we will deepen our understanding of pranayama and bandha and how to bring these subtle practices alive in your asana classes and also get comfortable teaching seated pranayama and bandha techniques. This second kosha is where the deeper practice of yoga starts to take effect within the students.
In the third kosha, we will explore the mental and emotional body. This is where we will explore our belief systems and drivers that live in our subconscious mind and influence our behaviours. We will dive into our samskaras and vasanas that create our character and current realities. Developing rituals and practices is this area will give you and your students profound shift within your body, mind and lives.
The fourth kosha, the intelligence body, is the place where we sharpen our awareness that influences the other three bodies. We will explore the four functions of the mind and five vrittis of thought as a pathway to access our higher mind and intuitive body. This is a much more subtle area to access and requires a refinement of the first three koshas, but when accessed, leads you to the fifth and final kosha, the bliss body. Our bliss body is a result of the other four koshas; it is something that happens to us and not something we do. We will explore this area within us to hopefully allow a spontaneous experience of higher consciousness.
- Refined advanced teaching of Vinyasa yoga
- Use of tonality, voice and cadence to deliver an influential class
- Teaching through the five elements to deliver an impactful class
- Intelligent sequencing and theming
- Functional anatomy and physiology
- Refinement of assisting and adjusting
- Deepening of pranayama and bandha techniques
- Meditation and contemplation for deeper inquiry
- Extensive study of the five koshas
- Eight limbs of yoga as a pathway
- Philosophy and deeper study of yoga sutras and Bagavad Gita
- Kriya yoga techniques and practice
Annamaya Kosha (Body) & Pranamaya Kosha (Energy)
In Immersion One, we will look at the physical body and how asana is our foundation and starting point for greater self awareness. We will look at how the body moves and functions through movement patterns and functional anatomy. From there, we can begin to look at intelligent sequences.
We will delve into the energy body through pranayama, bandha and mantra, and we will look at different breathing patterns and how they affect posture and the many functions of the body.
We will look at Postural Teaching and Transitional Teaching and how to integrate both to create powerful, holistic and inclusive classes.
- Sequencing: Powerful, holistic and inclusive sequences
- Functional Anatomy: Movement patterns that flow and grow together
- Theming: How to connect and teach to your students' hearts and minds
- Teaching Methods: Transitional Teaching and Postural Teaching
- Masterful Assisting and Adjusting: In-Flow and Postural
- Chakra pranayama practices through bandha and mantra progressions
- Meditation practices to steady your body and open and direct your energy
Manomaya Kosha (Mind) & Vijnanamaya Kosha (Intellectual)
In Immersion Two, we will continue to deepen our understanding of the first two koshas, asana and prana, as building on top of this foundation is key in this 300-hour program.
We will delve into the third kosha, manomaya “the mind”. This kosha is where the rubber hits the road. We will look at how thoughts and emotions are directly linked and how they influence our body and our lives.
Our ten senses live in “manas” and our identity/ego “anhamkara” live in Manomaya. Understanding how these two major functions of our minds work is absolutely essential for our personal evolution and development as a yoga teacher looking to influence the hearts and minds of students and humanity.
Our fourth kosha is vijnanamaya “the intellect”. We call this function of the mind, buddhi. Awakening buddhi is essential in our yoga journey because buddhi when clear and not being influenced by the other functions has the power to concentrate our minds, slowing down the mental fluctuations and emotional urges that live in the lower mind. We will look closely at some of the techniques that The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali shares in order to awaken, clear and empower buddhi. I truly believe all of humanity should be given this knowledge and the tools to awaken and connect to this function of our mind.
- Sequencing: Intelligent peak pose sequences that strengthen and open your body and mind
- Functional Anatomy: Joint mobility & stability, aligning your spine with the great divine
- Theming: Masterful communication, how to teach with impact and influence
- Teaching Methods: How to teach from intuition and awaken intuition within students
- Deepen your understanding of assessing and adjusting from a practical and intuitive place
- Chakra pranayama practices through bandha and mudra progressions
- Meditation that create deeper states of concentration and stillness
Anandamaya Kosha (Soul)
In Immersion Three, we will continue to build and deepen our understanding of the first four koshas, “asana, prana, mind, intellect”. Only when we have practiced and developed deep levels of pure awareness can we hold space within ourselves for ananadamaya kosha to emerge.
These deep states of yoga is not something we do, but something that happens. The more we chase it, the faster it runs away from us. In this immersion, we will refine all the techniques we have studied and practiced, in order to hold space within ourselves and allow the transformation that wants you to access you.
Learning and teaching these deep contemplative practices of yoga is the major outcome of this 300-hour training program.
- Sequencing: Learn how to create personal sequences for your individual needs and the needs of your students
- Functional Anatomy: Advanced posture, muscle, and joint range of motion protocols with advanced pelvic and spinal core stability and function assessments
- Theming: Learn the keys to create meditative movement practices that create pratyahara “sense absorption”
- Teaching Methods: Connect students deep into their body to observe the dynamic nature of their minds is a skill we must all develop in order to create an embodied experience or the mind will create out of body illusions, which spins us back into the wheel of samsara
- Chakra pranayama practice specific to you
- Meditation technique specific to you
Students for this training must have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training.
11:00am – 12:30pm Practice
12:30pm - 1:00pm Break
1:00pm – 3:30pm Workshop
3:00pm - 3:30pm Break
3:30pm - 5:00pm Workshop
5:00pm – 7:00pm Teaching & Feedback
9:00am – 10:30pm Practice
10:30am - 11:00am Break
11:00am – 12:30pm Workshop
12:30pm - 1:00pm Break
1:00pm - 2:30pm Workshop
2:30pm – 5:30pm Teaching & Feedback
5:30pm - 7:00pm Philosophy
Early bird: SGD$4500
Currency will convert automatically according to your country of check out.
Cancellations received 30 days before the start of the course incurs a fee of $250.
Cancellations received less than 30 days before the start of the course results in full forfeit of the tuition fee.